Democrats and Republicans constantly tell the rest of us that we are “wasting votes” by not voting for their candidate(s).
I respectfully disagree.
To help explain why, I composed the following two lists.
Things that would be “wasting my vote”:
- Giving it to someone I despise.
- Sacrificing my deepest ethics and values.
- Giving it to someone who’s on the far opposite corner of the political spectrum from me.
- Letting Hillary think that I accept or forgive her war crimes, lies, cronyism, corruption, and threats.
- Letting Donald think that I accept or forgive his racism and sexism.
- Giving into the DNC’s bullshit.
- Giving into the RNC’s bullshit.
- Not letting my voice or opinion be heard.
- Feeding the current problem.
- Giving up what I believe in.
- Accepting media corruption.
Things that would NOT be “wasting my vote”:
- Voting for the candidate with goals and a history that most closely match what I believe in, regardless of political party.